Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

snowman cheeseball: perfect for the holidays


If you are looking for the perfect appetizer to bring with you to a holiday party or gathering, this is it.


I have fond memories of eating cheeseballs when I was younger. My mom would always buy them at the store and I remember how addicting they were. We would eat on one together and in no time it would be gone. Fast forward and some how they exited my life and I never heard from them again. :) The truth is, they are sort of a classic throwback. The unforgotten addictive treat.

Right before Thanksgiving, I got a craving for one and decided I wanted to make one to enjoy with our holiday meal. Through the online world of ideas, I saw the snowman and knew he would be the perfect addition. This was so easy to make, added such charm to our holiday feast, and was equally delicious.

Snowman Cheeseball

What You Need
-1 and a half packages of cream cheese, softened
-1/2 package of ranch dip mix
-1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
-1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
-part of a container of spreadable cream cheese
-optional for decorating: carrot, peppercorns



This is so simple! Combine the softened cream cheese with the ranch dip mix, Worcestershire sauce, and shredded cheddar cheese in a bowl. After fully combined, taste a little! You may like more or less ranch dip mix. It's always best to start with less as you can always add more.

Once the cheese combination taste is to your liking, split into two, with one being slightly larger than the other.

Roll the cheese combination into two balls. One will be slightly larger, as it will be the bottom of the snowman. 

I made this the day before we were going to serve it, so at this point in time you could wrap clingwrap around it and store it in the fridge until you need it. 

Once I was ready to serve, I pulled it out and began assembly. I used the spreadable cream cheese to coat each ball and create a nice white outer layer--just like a jolly snowman. Stack one ball on top of the other and decorate. I had a long carrot that I peeled a strip for a scarf and cut a bit for the nose. I used black peppercorns for eyes, a smile, and buttons. You could certainly make a hat or use other items to bring in some color.

Serve with crackers or veggies.


This was really the perfect treat to snack on while the official dinner was being made. Just enough to curb off the feeling of being hangry. :) After our nice meal, I stored the remainder of this in the fridge. It kept well over the entire following week, so you can keep on enjoying him.



No comments:

Post a Comment