Pages

Friday, December 6, 2013

custom sign by buildasign.com: review

One thing I love about blogging is the community. It is so great to read fellow bloggers blogs and see what kind of creative and unique things they are making or baking or creating or what kind of companies they are utilizing for products. I use others a lot for inspiration, so thanks!

One such company I discovered was BuildASign.com. I was recently was contacted by them and received a gift card to order products for my honest review. I was so excited to search through their website to decide what I'd like!

Here's a sneak peak!

First off, BuildASign has so many options, it's almost to the point of overwhelming (for the person like me who can never decide anything). From custom signs to bumper stickers to business cards to license plates, they kind of have it all. You can customize as little or as much as you want---and I love customization! My favorite little discovery about the company overall though is this:


Free signs and banners for those who are welcoming loved ones home after a deployment. As someone whose brother-in-law is in the Army and recently returned from Cuba a few months ago, I would've loved a great welcome home sign or banner to help remember the moment. In any case, a wonderful extra thing they do.

Back to my product for review though! After glancing through the many, many products they had, I decided I wanted to make a custom sign. I ended up picking a street sign style and customizing was easy. You could add embellishments, text, or photos. I decided to go with a quote that I once stumbled on that sums up my life pretty perfectly. Adding it to a custom sign I thought would be perfect for a future wall gallery. 


Being creative isn't a hobby, it's a way of life. Isn't that the truth! I chose specific fonts, picked the colors (deep red, chocolate brown, and cream), and added some beautiful embellishments to the corners to give it a finished look.  


Although it is hard to see in the picture, the sign is slightly shimmery without being really reflective, which is really the perfect look for an indoor future wall gallery sign. It is super lightweight and would definitely be able to go up with those simple adhesives you can get at the hardware store.

I am not 100% certain what else I want to include in my wall gallery which has yet to be created, so for now my beautiful sign rests on a gorgeous $5 garage sale mirror and greats me when I walk inside my apartment. 


I really am pleased with how this turned out and can only imagine what other creations await at BuildASign!


BuildASign.com also recommends:


No comments:

Post a Comment