Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

cheddar, broccoli, and onion mini quiche

Quiche. I've decided I love them. I've made them before and I'll make them again. (Clearly.)
 
In all seriousness, I like a good breakfast to start off with to give me energy to kick off my work day. I am an avid oatmeal fan, but sometimes having it week after week can get a little tiring.
 
 
My sister found a Pintrest pin for a cheddar and broccoli mini omlette, which morphed into my version - the cheddar, broccoli, and onion mini quiches. I made a big batch on Sunday and am still going strong heating them up every morning. Whether for work or school, these are the perfect and easy way to wake up during the weekdays.
 
Here's the recipe:
 
Cheddar, Broccoli, and Onion Mini Quiches (recipe makes 12 mini quiches)
 
What You Need:
-1/2 bag of frozen broccoli, cooked as directed on package
-4 whole eggs
-1 cup of egg whites (I used 3 egg whites)
-1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
-1/8 to 1/4 onion, diced
-1 tsp. olive oil
-salt and pepper, to taste
-cooking spray
-parsley, optional
 
Directions
 
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
 
Cook half a bag of frozen broccoli as directed on the package. I went with the boiling in water method. Once the water is drained, cut the broccoli into tinier pieces. Add in olive oil, salt, and pepper.
 
In a bowl beat the whole eggs, egg whites, cheddar cheese, onion, salt, and pepper.
 
 
Grab a muffin tin and spray with cooking spray to coat each hole. Scoop the broccoli mixutre and fill each hole evenly.
 
 
Pour in the egg mixture evenly on top of the broccoli mixture. My quiches ended up nearly filling each tin, which baked up just perfectly.

 
Sprinkle a bit of cheddar cheese and a touch of parsley to top off each quiche.

 
Bake for 20 minutes. Enjoy these mini quiches right away or store them for a great breakfast or snack. I stored mine in mini ziploc bags, but storage containers or plastic wrap would also do the trick.
 
 
Enjoy one or a few with fruit or other breakfast treats. I enjoyed one every morning with a hazelnut, banana, peanut butter muffin...recipe to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment