Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

three.


Today marks the official three year anniversary for Jacob and I.

We started dating in February of 2010, but made it official on May 16.

A few days before, Jacob asked me if I'd like to go on a mini trip to Chicago. Our first trip and full alone time? Yes, please. I don't remember entirely what we did or where we ate. What I do remember is it being chilly--we both only brought fleece zip-up sweatshirts when we should've had something warmer! We walked to Navy Pier and rode the ferris wheel. The sun was casting a gorgeous glow and we peaked at the city below. We walked along the beach and I stuck my bare foot in the water. Jacob thought I was slightly insane. We flirted the entire time, and it was such a nice feeling to be actively liked. We stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn and as the sun was setting, we found a random grocery store downtown and got a bottle of champagne to bring back to the room. As the night turned to late night/early morning, Jacob officially asked me to be his girlfriend. I said yes.

Ferris wheel photo, circa 2010.
On the beach. I was laughing because my hair kept blowing around. He snuck this photo in.

Fast forward three years. We now live in the city where we officially began. Jacob had the day off and was productive setting some things up for our upcoming move. (entry and photos coming soon!) I worked all day. We met downtown on the city streets and walked to Navy Pier. The sun was shining and it was nearly 80 degrees - much warmer than years before. We walked the length of the pier and rode the ferris wheel once again. We walked around downtown before heading to Brazzaz, a Brazilian steakhouse that is exactly like Texas de Brazil. We enjoyed glasses of wine and feasted on just about everything imaginable. We walked to the very nearby train station and hoped on a train to take us home. We strolled home and broke out some Molly's cupcakes that I grabbed the day before. It was lovely. 



Ferris wheel, circa yesterday.

This is a good one to compare to three years ago. We might have baby faces, but at least we look a little older!

 



I really love that guy.

Jacob has pretty much worked nights all week, so we haven't had time together. We have a reservation for a wine bar and restaurant in a neighborhood we have yet to explore. We also have a bottle of the same brand of champagne we got from the random grocery store waiting in our fridge for this weekend. 

I love being silly and nostalgic. Those are the moments life is made of!

No comments:

Post a Comment