Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

caramel snicker apple salad

I don't know what the weather is like in your corner of the world, but Chicago is snowless and freezing. It's some kind of horrible torture waiting for spring to actually show up. I've decided making light, bright desserts will coax spring to show up. I'll keep making them until it does. :)


This Caramel Snicker Apple Salad has the perfect texture and flavor. Juicy, sweet, nutty, wholesome. It is so delicious. I think it'd be a perfect dessert addition to an Easter meal or the perfect thing to bring to a potluck or barbeque.

Here's my recipe:

Caramel Snicker Apple Salad

What You Need
1/2 a box of French Vanilla Jell-O Pudding mix (just the powder)
1/4 cup of milk
1 8 oz. container of Cool Whip
3 granny smith apple, cut into bite-sized pieces
4 Snickers bars, cut into bite-sized pieces
caramel ice cream topping, to drizzle on top


Grab a mixing bowl and add the powder of the french vanilla pudding mix, the milk, and the Cool Whip. Whisk to combine. You could easily use another type of pudding mix, but I loved the added flavor and richness from the French Vanilla. It also added just a hint of buttery yellow to the base, which really screamed spring to me.


Chop your apple and Snicker bars. Add to the mixing bowl and combine. Again, you could use another type of apple but I loved the pops of green.  






Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. Drizzle caramel topping over the dessert before serving. 



This is the best excuse for a salad I've ever known. 


3 comments:

  1. My bff's boyfriend loves this treat. Like LOVES it. I don't know if this is a midwestern thing (they're from Iowa) but I'd never heard of it until I'd had it with them. I've actually gotten a lot of good recipes from them- you midwesterners have some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually forgot about this dessert until my sister reminded me of it. We used to have it at potlucks at parks in Michigan. It really must be a Midwest thing!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete