I will be adventuring on my first business trip the week before Valentine's Day and I couldn't be more excited (hello Boca Raton). This, however, means I will be separated from my love for longer than I'd like. I arrive back to Chicago late on Valentine's Day, so we will be faux celebrating the next day. I figured this trip was the perfect excuse to a "countdown"....many craft-based and love-centered gifts will be included.
The first of many ideas is the Valentine's Day Heart Attack. It sounds strange, but it's about to be a whole bunch of adorable coming right at you.
The idea originated from a photo with a box full of hearts. Producing a....you guessed it, heart attack. Or as some may say, an attack of hearts.
Here's my version:
Instead of just including a bunch of blank hearts, I wanted to write on each one. Something I love about my man - looks, personality, things about us a couple, etc. It all started with cutting out a bunch of hearts out of scrap scrapbook paper. And I mean a bunch. Then, I took my time writing things out to include in my heart attack.
Once I wrote out many, many reasons, it was time for assembly. Instead of a box, I wanted to use a small jar I had decorated that was begging to be utilized. I used a red glitter/glue mixture and did an ombre paint technique along the bottom of the jar before Christmas, but never got around to finding a use for the cute thing. This small jar was perfect for a bunch of small hearts.
I mixed up the patterns of paper, began layering, and filled the jar till it was full.
If you are looking for some inspiration on what to write on your hearts, here are a few of the things I included (some are more generic and some definitely are not):
- the way you support my dreams, no matter how big
- you are always willing
- pillow and blanket floor parties
- you know how to have fun
- you never give up
- your misspelled words
- your eyes
- the way you love to figure out how things work or are done
- you make me feel important
- the way you act as a sounding board
- how you care about how you look
- the amount of whipped cream you use
- your good heart
- your determination to make a good and worthwhile life for us
- that you want a "forever" too
- how there is always room for a snack
- how you make people laugh
- when you break out your dance moves
- the tuft of hair that sometimes sticks up
Take your time with the hearts. It's important to be thoughtful and think things through. Afterall, if you're going to give someone a heart attack, you might as well make it good. <3