Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

remember, i love you (a valentine's day gift)

I mentioned how I'll be leaving in just over a week on a business trip for work and I'll be coming home back to Chicago on Valentine's Day. I am super excited, but it is always easier to be the one to go away and be busy than the one to be left behind. To make my time away sweeter, I am leaving my man a little countdown for while I am gone. Something small (and sometimes cheesy) to open.

"Remember, I love you" will be day 1 and will start the countdown off in the perfect and cheesiest of ways. 


I spotted the idea through a night of blog-hopping and knew this was a good way to start. The idea is to have hearts hidden around your home or wherever you want. Anytime the recipient finds a heart it's supposed to be a little reminder of yourself and how much you love them.

I started off using some leftover felt, fleece, and thread from a previous craft project that has yet to be blogged about. 


I freehanded a heart on paper, cut it out, and used it for a template to draw directly onto the fabric with. With two pieces of the cut out heart shape of the same fabric, I hand stitched the hearts together, leaving a bit of room to fill the heart with stuffing before closing the heart up. 




A few episodes on Netflix and I was good to go. 


When Jacob sees the Valentine's Day countdown that will be along our bay windowsill, he'll see something like this (except less artistic blur unless he happens to be squinting his eyes):


I grabbed a decorative wooden bowl to fill with the hearts. Each of the countdown days has a number/sign combo to go with it. I love the color coordination and little hearts everywhere. Yay for love and yay for Valentine's Day crafts! The first thing that will be spotted is the "remember, i love you <3 ashley" sign. Then, in the case of the first sighting, an empty bowl (or maybe a bowl with just one heart so he knows what to look for).


I whipped up a "remember, i love you" card so he knew the idea behind the vision. 

The card reads:

remember, i love you <3 ashley

---------

Seven felt and fleece hearts are hidden around the apartment. You should find them in various spots. Anytime you find one, remember it's my way of letting you know how much you mean to me. Fill up this bowl and think of me every time you see it.


I'm not going to lie, I secretly super excited to hide the hearts. I better be clever enough so they are discovered right away!




3 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea! I think this is a great idea since you'll be away. And I don't blame you for being excited about hiding them - I would be, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AsI just started a new link party and would love for you to come over and share your post or any social media sites. Talkin’ About Thursday - http://designeddecor.com/talkin-about-thursday-link-party-5/
    DeDe@DesignedDecor
    hley, Cute idea! I love the note with hiding! Clever!

    ReplyDelete