Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

birthday beer cake

What do you give to your man for his birthday when he is easy to please and doesn't ask for much?

A birthday beer cake! Whomever came up with this idea is brilliant. Jacob will be 24 next Sunday and this birthday beer cake will compliment his day perfectly. Although this idea has been floating around for quite some time, he'll wouldn't know that and will absolutely love it. 


The process is simple and quick, but will have quite the happy impact I suspect.

Here's how I approached this little birthday project:

I bought a 12 pack of canned beer. Instead of buying cake rounds which I have read many do, I utilized what I had (because he won't care or use the cake rounds) with cardboard from a shoe box and a pizza box.  I determined I'd use eight cans on the bottom tier and four on the top. This helped me judge how large to trace the cardboard circles. 

The rest of his gifts will be wrapped in red wrapping paper, so that's what I used to top off the cardboard circles to complete his gift. He'll never know where the cardboard came from and I didn't have to spend money on something that could be created.



I place each of the cans in a circle formation on each tier. To complete the cake, I took some extra black ribbon I had on hand to wrap around each tier. I also made a little "24" sign for the top. 



Hopefully he'll understand what the intention was. If nothing else, he'll enjoy how long it takes him to finish his "cake." 



1 comment:

  1. That is so cool your hubs will love it. I made mine a beer advent this Christmas he laughed and loved it you can see it here if you want http://mellywoods5.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/one-for-men-beer-lovers-advent.html newest follower xo

    ReplyDelete