Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

baked brie appetizer

After knowing I was going to spend my first Christmas holiday in Chicago, I wanted to make fun, new, exciting appetizers. One: because everyone needs a good excuse to try something new. Two: to get used to starting my own traditions and moments outside of my beautiful and wonderful family. One of the appetizers I made and shared was the crockpot crab dip. Another favorite was this baked brie appetizer.


There is something about a good specialty cheese. It makes you feel fancy. It makes you feel grown up. It brings some spice to otherwise a chilly winter evening. 

I'd only ever had brie once before but never bought it myself. After researching and learning about the texture of brie and what pairs well with it, I decided to do a toasted baguette style appetizer.

Here's the recipe:

Baked Brie with Honey and Dried Cranberries on Toasted Baguette

What You Need
A baguette (I went with a French mini loaf)
Brie (I used President brand in a wheel formation)
Honey
Dried Cranberries

Directions

This doesn't really need directions, because it's just that simple. 


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 

Take your baguette and slice it into small 1/2 inch slices. You can slice as many or as few as you'd like. Note: we reheated a few we didn't eat and they did okay, but I think they are best when freshly made. Place on a cookie sheet.

Open the wheel of brie cheese. Cut into thin slices that will fit the size of your cut baguette. Note: Brie has a white rind around the outside of it. This is edible. We chose to left it on and I don't think it affected the flavor one bit. Place the cut pieces of brie on top of the sliced baguettes.

Drizzle honey over the baguette/brie slices. Top with dried cranberries. Place in oven for approximately 10-15 minutes. You only want the baguette to become toasted and the brie to become a little more creamy.

And voila! Appetizer done. The cheese snob wannabe in yourself is now content. 


2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious, ashley!
    I have a great and easy bsked brie recipe with phyllo dough and apricot preserves if youd like the recipe, i can send it to you.
    Looks fancier than it is and is tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound good! Please share. :)

      Delete