Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

orange delight

I did not know this magical dessert existed until Jacob's grandma (from here on out the woman affectionately referred to as Grandma Nan) introduced me to it. It's so light that it is one of those perfect things to have after a big full meal (like on Christmas Eve!). I also love it because it makes me feel less guilty because it involves fruit. Forget the other ingredients...


In any case, it's something I'll always associate with Nan. She made it for us once in the summer a few years back. It's perfect for the summer too, since it's cool in temperature. 

We made a batch last week. I love sweets, but sometimes you need a break from the chocolate and cookies and fullness and need something a bit more refreshing. Orange Delight (or fluff, as I call it because I couldn't remember the proper name for the longest time) is super easy to prepare and would be perfect to bring to a potluck style gathering. 

Here's the recipe:

Orange Delight

What You Need:
1 can of mandarin oranges
1 can of pineapple tidbits, liquid drained
1 container of Cool Whip
1/2 to 3/4 container of cottage cheese
1 packet of orange jello mix 
1/2 to 3/4 bag of mini marshmallows 

Directions:

This is so easy that directions shouldn't even be necessary. Empty the container of Cool Whip in a large mixing bowl. Then slowly work on adding the other ingredients. Add in the orange jello mix, mandarin oranges, and pineapple tidbits. I always add the entire can or container of these ingredients. 


The cottage cheese and marshmallows is where I mess around with the amounts. I usually add in half the container and bag of each. From there on out, taste test. Add more of each ingredient until things look and taste right. Keep refrigerated and serve nice and cold. 


I hope you enjoy this tasty light treat!


1 comment:

  1. A favorite recipe in our family. Yum!  I'd  love to have you link this us to Titus 2 Tuesday this week on Cornerstone Confessions.. I hope to see you there. 
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete