Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

roasted cauliflower


A simple side, but too delicious not to note! 

I've been trying to have a vegetable every dinner, and I spotted a head of cauliflower at the grocery store. I must admit, I've only ever ate it raw and didn't know how I should prepare it. So, I roasted it. I love pretty much every vegetable roasted, and cauliflower was no different. The added parmesan cheese? Icing on the cake. 

Roasted Cauliflower

What You Need:
-One head of cauliflower, cut/broken down into individual florets
-2 cloves of garlic, minced
-Lemon juice
-Olive oil 
-Salt 
-Pepper
-Parsley
-Parmesan cheese

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a oven-safe dish, place the individual florets from the head of cauliflower. Add the minced garlic. Sprinkle a little lemon juice over everything. Drizzle with olive oil. Use your hands to combine and coat all the cauliflower in the oil. Add salt, pepper, and parsley. 

Place in the oven for 25 minutes. Take the dish out and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Return dish to the oven for 10 more minutes. Test the doneness with a fork--when the fork can easily pierce the cauliflower, it is fully cooked. Enjoy immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment