Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

pizza roll-ups

This past weekend I spent a few hours in the kitchen over a couple days and boy was I productive! I've been wanting to do a lot of cooking to stock up our freezer as it's super nice to have some things to pull out during a busy week or just when I don't feel like cooking. 

This recipe for pizza roll-ups fits the bill.


These were super quick to make, baked up in a super short amount of time, and froze perfectly.


Pizza Roll-Ups

What You Need:
Pizza dough
Toppings, pepperoni, ham, onion
Mozzarella cheese 
Italian seasoning blend
Pizza sauce, for dipping

That's it! Super simple.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll out pizza dough (I make my own for pizzas, but using the Pillsbury already made dough made the process so much easier) and place on a cookie sheet. 


Add your toppings. I did pepperoni/onion on a third, ham/onion on a third, and pepperoni/ham/onion on a third. Makes for a bit of variety!


I started rolling my dough back up, but I forgot the important ingredient of shredded mozzarella cheese! I ended up pushing cheese into the crevices of the rolled up dough, but this is where you'd sprinkle the cheese over all of your ingredients. 

Sprinkle with Italian seasoning mix and roll the dough back up.


Once the dough is all rolled up, pinch and "seal" the dough.


Cut the log into 1.5 inch pieces and place on a cookie sheet. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until dough is cooked and golden brown.


It's as easy as that. I divided these up into freezer bags, labeled them, and they should be the perfect snack to pull out of the freezer whenever I want the taste of pizza without the hassle. 

2 comments:

  1. I showed this to my husband, and now he is super excited to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really good and really easy. Love this idea.

    ReplyDelete