Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

fall doily banner

This fall doily banner is the perfect fall touch. 


I bought a package of paper doilies in the shape of leaves from the Dollar Store ($1!). Paired with a red/tan checked thick ribbon from the dollar bin at Michaels ($1!) and some tan brads I had laying around in my scrapbooking supplies, a fall doily banner was born.

I don't have a mantle, so my shelf above my craft table had to do. I measured it out to determine how long the ribbon should be, and then I went from there. My brads poked through the ribbon easily, so I didn't need to worry about any of that beforehand. Starting in the very center of the strip of ribbon, I placed each leaf and secured them with a brad. Seven fit on the banner, and I think thirty came in the package, so plenty of more for other projects!

I think this banner is the perfect touch and addition, and makes me smile every time I look at it. I love that this will be able to stay up until Thanksgiving too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment