Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

caramel apple cider

I confess that I am the girl who loves any warm drink come fall. Specialty coffees. Cocoas. You name it, I probably love it. There is just something about that feeling that a warm drink brings. 


I also am one of those girls who loves traditions. I am not necessarily a traditional girl, but someone who loves creating special memories that I make into traditions that I want to repeat all the time.

One of my fall traditions is hot caramel apple cider. (Is it possible to get more fall than that?) It's simple, not even elaborate, but I'm addicted. And it's tradition! Which makes it special. At least to me.

Hot Caramel Apple Cider

What You Need:
Apple cider
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Allspice
Whipped cream
Caramel sauce

I only ever make a cup at a time. I use my mug as a "measuring cup". I fill up my mug with the cold cider and then pour that amount of cider in a small saucepan. Put the saucepan on the stove and heat up the cider over low heat. Shake in a bit of cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice and let the amazing aroma fill your kitchen! 

Once hot, remove from the stove and fill up your mug. Top with whipped cream and drizzle caramel sauce over top. 


Make some hot caramel apple cider, fill up your mug, and snuggle up on the couch. You deserve a little bit magical warm drink feeling. 

1 comment:

  1. That's sounds delicious!

    ps it's macs girl from OD :)

    ReplyDelete