Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

pepperoni pizza quesadillas

Why have I never thought of this before? *shakes head*

With the bf out of town, I was by myself for the evening last night. That meant dinner alone. Which I don't mind. Except last night, I didn't want to spend all my time in the kitchen. I wanted something quick, but tasty. I wanted to sit and watch countless episodes on Netflix. I can't help it. Last night I had priorities. 

Enter: pepperoni pizza quesadillas. 


I originally pulled out the fixings for a quesadilla---Mexican style. Only I had a brief moment of clarity and thought to make it with pizza fixings instead. Best decision I could make on a Tuesday night. 

Here's the recipe:

Pepperoni Pizza Quesadilla

What You Need:
Tortillas
Mozzarella cheese
Onions, diced
Pepperoni
Marinara, pasta, or pizza sauce, for dipping





It's that simple. Pull out a skillet, and turn the stovetop to medium-high heat, and place a tortilla down. 
While the skillet starts to heat, assemble your pizza quesadilla. Mine included mozzarella cheese, diced onion, and pepperoni. Add whatever sounds good to you. (Oh, the combinations.) 


Place the second tortilla on top and let cook for a couple minutes. When bottom tortilla is lightly browned, flip over. Continue browning till crispy. 


Take off the skillet and plate your masterpiece. Cut into wedges for easy dipping. Serve with warmed marinara, pasta, or pizza sauce.  


The perfect quesadilla. I think it's the simple things in life that are important. And pepperoni pizza quesadillas are one of them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment