Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2012

sweet home chicago


Sweet home Chicago. <3

This blog has been absent and not very full of life lately, and that's because I was working on furthering my life along.

Two weeks ago Jacob and I officially moved to Chicago to a one-bedroom in the Lakeview/Wrigleyville area.

It has taken some time to adjust, and I'm sure it will continue to do so for awhile.

To say I love the way it feels here doesn't feel quite enough. I'm not sure how to describe what I'm feeling. I'm happy. I'm thankful. I'm glad we made it. It's been a rough journey to say the least. I'm thankful for the support we've had and for those who recognize that we are do-er's...we will make the life we want happen.

Jacob is working full-time and I couldn't be more proud. His boss recognizes his work ethic and is already training him to be a manager. I am in that god-awful place called "the job hunting zone". It isn't much fun, but I know I will find something. I wish I could have something now and right away, but so far I don't. I have to keep my optimism and faith up to continue to push on. The best of things are easy, and I remember that often, especially now that we've made it here.

Chicago is something beautiful.

"His" and "hers" burritos from Chipoltle. 

Molly's cupcakes.

Pride Fest 2012, a block from our front door.




<3.

Cheers.

The city.

Adventures to Clark St.'s John Barleycorn with best friends.


Chicago? I think so. 

We have settled in pretty much. As much as you can in two weeks at least. Here's a few shots of our apartment:













I know it's a good place to start and to get grounded here in Chicago. It's truly starting to feel like home. 

I cannot wait for adventures to unfold. I'm ready with open arms. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you Ashley. I think you will love being "away" without being too far away from home. And your apartment looks super cute! Can't wait to see what other DIY stuff you do to continue to decorate. Your ribbon swag looks awesome hung up. Hope your summer is going well!

    ReplyDelete