Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

themed bridal shower gifts (and a homemade pizza sauce recipe)

We've all been invited to bridal showers, baby showers, wedding showers. You bring a gift to celebrate your friend's exciting life experience. I love giving gifts. Especially ones that are centered around a theme, because that's how my brain works and it gets me the most excited.

Meet Kristi, my sister Heather's dearest friend who I became to know.


Kristi got married last year, and I was honored to attend her bridal shower. As soon as I was invited, I looked at her registries to try to plan something in my head. 

I then developed the pizza theme. She registered for two pizza pans and a pizza cutter, so that's where I started. I bought a basket to put the items in, and knew I needed more. She registered for some dishtowels, and that was the perfect "stuffer". 


To round it I needed one more thing: some homemade pizza sauce with the recipe included (perfect to pair with homemade pizza dough!)


Here is the recipe I included (although exact measurements may be tweaked to your liking):

Homemade Pizza Sauce

What You Need:
1 15 oz. can of tomato sauce
1 6 oz. can of tomato paste
1 tablespoon oregano
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 cloves of garlic, minced

So easy, and seriously delicious. The beauty of this sauce is that it freezes well. When we have extra, we drop it into a ziploc bag and pop it in the freezer till we have pizza night again.

That little addition---that wasn't on the registry---really finished off the gift. I love gifting things that the couple actually wants, but it's fun to add those little touches too!

Have you done any fun themed gifts before? 


2 comments:

  1. We've all been invited to bridal showers, baby showers, wedding showers. You bring a gift to celebrate your friend's exciting life experience. cake gifts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing information about gift ideas.

    Best Gift Ideas for Girls

    ReplyDelete