Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

monkey muffins


Seriously? Seriously! Who knew a little homemade breakfast treat could be this good! I've never had monkey bread before, but when I saw these monkey muffins from The Pioneer Woman, I knew they had to be mine! They were well-received and completely devoured the morning I chose to make them. The ingredients are simple, and the measurements are fairly nonexistent. But it's so easy!

Here's the recipe:

Monkey Muffins

What You Need:
Butter
Sugar
Cinnamon
Sweetened, Condensed Milk
Refrigerated biscuit dough
(and a muffin tin for baking)

Directions: 

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. 

Grab your muffin tin, and get ready to layer! 

First, you put in a small slab of butter in each muffin tin (about a half teaspoon). 

Then sprinkle in about a teaspoon of sugar (or a sugar substitute) into each tin. 

The sprinkle in 1/4 a teaspoon of cinnamon into each tin.

Then comes the dough! I use a package of Pillsbury biscuit dough. I take each biscuit and split it into three balls of dough. You put the three balls of dough into each tin on top of the ingredients you've layered in already. (So, one biscuit for each tin.)

Now it's time to finish layering! Another small slab of butter on top of the dough in each tin, a sprinkle of sugar, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. 

Pop those beauties into your oven until they are bubbly and golden (I'm thinking approximately 15 minutes or so, but check often!). 

Once they look done, and you'll know when they are, take them out and pour a bit of sweetened, condensed milk over each of them. So good. 

They remind me of cinnamon rolls, because of the ingredients included. But they are the perfect size when you want a little something sweet. I've even made these in paper muffin cups and have kept them in the fridge. Whenever I craved a little something, all I did was scrape the monkey muffin off the paper muffin cup and would pop them into the microwave to heat. 

Perfection on a plate! And lovely with a tall glass of milk. 



No comments:

Post a Comment