Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

sugar cookie body scrub

Although we've had a mild winter, my hands (especially my knuckles) tend to remain painfully dry. In the fall, I made a couple homemade hand/body scrubs to combat this.


When I made these, I made them as gifts, as well as for myself, so I kept the season in mind. As the fall air is cool, baking is on my mind, so my scrub instantly became Sugar Cookie Body Scrub. Here's the recipe I used:

Sugar Cookie Body Scrub

What You Need:
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 cup olive oil (or vegetable)
2 1//2 tablespoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons nutmeg
2 tablespoons cinnamon
kosher salt

Directions:
1. Mix all ingredients together except oil. 
2. Gradually add in the oil while mixing the ingredients. If needed, add more oil to get the right consistency. 

It's that easy! The beauty of this recipe is that it's easily adaptable. When I made this version, I also made a Lemon Hand/Body Scrub. With the lemon scrub, I just used white sugar, olive oil, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest. It is the perfect addition to my kitchen.

There are a variety of ways to store this scrub, but I stumbled upon this adorable and perfect jar from Hobby Lobby (for only $2 on sale or with 40% coupon I believe), complete with a spoon.


All it takes is a bit of ribbon and a tag to personalize.


And here it is complete. Perfect as a holiday gift, Mother's Day gift, or just for yourself (hello lemon hand scrub for the kitchen!). 



No comments:

Post a Comment