But they are divine.
Now that you agree, back to what I was saying. We are a muffin household. I'm not afraid to admit it. It's part of my weekly routine. Some even call it tradition. Every Sunday homemade muffins are baked for the week. (It's the perfect on-the-go breakfast option in the morning.)
I've made (and ate) my fair share of muffins, including mixed berry, pumpkin, sour cream, apple, and every other fruit imaginable. I once stumbled upon a banana chocolate chip muffin recipe, tested it out, and per my boyfriend's request, never looked back.
This week while eating peanut butter toast, I was thinking about how Elvis loved peanut butter and bananas together. Why, I'm not sure. In any case, I had yet to make my batch of muffins for the week and that thought was my inspiration. I tweaked my recipe I use weekly and have thus created peanut butter banana chocolate chip muffins (or Elvis muffins for short).
Here's the recipe:
Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins (Elvis Muffins!)
*This recipe yields 8-10 muffins due to my adaptations. We are a two-person household, so that's all we ever need weekly!*
What You Need:
- 3/4 cup and 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 an egg (slightly beaten)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (other options: vanilla yogurt or sour cream with a splash of milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chips (but usually I just eyeball it)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In another bowl, combine the egg, vegetable oil, yogurt, and vanilla extract.
4. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just moist.
5. Fold in the mashed bananas, followed by the peanut butter and then the chocolate chips.
6. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full and bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Cool for 5 minutes in the tin, and then remove muffins to cool on a wire rack.
Seriously, so simple! These are perfect with a glass of milk. The perfect way to wake up.
Try them out. Join the muffin household movement. Please. Don't leave me in the movement alone.